610 Second St., Lancaster, PA. 17603 717-399-4733
We also offer classes, workshops and seminars.
Please call or email us with any questions.
Truth is in all spiritual paths. A Divine Metaphysician recognizes the spiritual truth that life is continuous and “death” is rebirth into a world of higher vibration.
The declaration and practice of these truths do not make Divine Metaphysics a creed because each individual is encouraged to worship God according to the dictates of his or her own conscience.
Some of what Divine Metaphysics basic principles are:
- Individuals are morally responsible for themselves.
- Man is a threefold being - body, soul and spirit.
- Although in a physical body, man is just as much spirit now as he ever will be.
- We reap as we sow and, life being continuous, we carry into the next world all positive and negative actions taken on the earth plane.
- An understanding of God's Natural Universal Laws teaches an individual how to love, here and hereafter.
- All men are brothers and God is their Father. Therefore, all men are divine as they possess the spark of God within them with the potentialities of God if they choose to develop them.
- Heaven and hell are states of mental consciousness and not literal abodes.
Just as an engineer or architect might view the world as components and structures, an artist as color, design and texture, or a computer programmer as codes, a Divine Metaphysician sees the world as infinite expressions reflecting the ONE. Metaphysics teaches that which is God is not a separate entity out there somewhere but in all things, everywhere, always. It creates a world view of inclusion and unity.
Rev. Molly Cortright - Senior Minister
Welcome to the Lancaster Metaphysical Chapel
The Chapel is an open and affirming church in all respects. We never ask you to leave any part of your Self outside the doors. Although our worship services may vary from week to week, our message is the same – God is love and love is God in action. You are here on earth to create, to continue with God’s creation.
Historically, our roots are in the New Thought tradition and in Spiritualism. New Thought teaches that which is God has created a world for us to continue creating with the mandate of “MAGIC” or “Manifesting Absolute Goodness in Creation.” Spiritualism affirms communication with those no longer in the physical world, and that communication is more than possible, it is natural. Therefore, communication with our loved ones in spirit and with energies of the higher realms, such as the Angelic Realm, serve to remind us that love and the energies of love cannot cease to exist.
We invite you to visit us. Blessings to you. ♥
5 Rev. Tija Hilton-Phillips
12 Rev. Sally Knuckles
19 Rev. Molly Cortright
26 Cathy Harner
Upcoming Events and Services
- 9:30am A Course in Miracles
- 10:30am Healing and Quiet Meditation
- Last Sunday of the month Potluck Luncheon
- Second Sunday Salon after service on
second Sunday of the month First Sunday of the month at 12:30pm
Third Monday of the Month (June, July,August)
- Psychic Development (Ages 16-17 with a Parent/Guardian, 18+ without)
Tuesday Evenings at 6:30pm
- Ernest Holmes / Science of Mind Discussion Group (Ages 18+)
Ongoing Classes and Events
Reflections on the Declaration of Principles
We believe in infinite intelligence.
- This Infinite Intelligence is the source of all creation, unconditional love, and power. This Infinite Intelligence is God.
We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
- Everyone and everything is part of God¹s consciousness. Everyone and everything is connected to God. Everyone and everything is infinite, powerful, perfect, whole and complete, just as God is infinite, powerful, perfect, whole and complete.
We affirm that the correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute true religion.
- Religion realigns our thoughts with these truths. We use truth to create our perfect world – our heaven here on Earth.
We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Behave toward others as you would have them behave toward you.”
- Everyone and everything is a manifestation of God’s Unconditional Love, so we treat ourselves, everyone and everything with dignity, respect, reverence and love.
We believe in personal responsibility and that we create our own happiness or unhappiness as we live in harmony or discord with natural physical and spiritual laws.
- We create the world based on our consciousness. As our consciousness shifts to be in accordance with the truths listed above, we realign with God, and the bliss of union.
We affirm that the doorway to reformation is always open to any soul here or hereafter.
Our perception can shift at any time. We can transform any situation by invoking the Amazing Grace of God..
Lancaster Metaphysical Chapel was established by Rev. Grace Lehman in 1986 and moved to its present location in 1988. Through the good offices of Rev. Rhoda and Bob Patterson, the organization was able to acquire its permanent home at 610 Second St. Lancaster Metaphysical Chapel is one of 11 chartered churches under The United Metaphysical Churches (UMC), headquartered in Roanoke, VA.
Historically, Divine Metaphysics has roots in both Spiritualism and the New Thought traditions. We believe that we are co-creators with the Divine.
Board of Trustees
President: Rev. Molly Cortright
Vice President: Rev. Reenie Panzini
Secretary: Kay Hinton
Treasurer: Rev. Tija Hilton-Phillips
Trustees: Wendy Waite
Lisa Ressler Don Faltine Richard Walton, Jr. Rick Tumbusch